PREPARING EVERY CHILD FOR SCHOOL SUCCESS
Boyle County Schools’ Preschool Program prepares children for school readiness in all areas of academic and social learning. Our structured curriculums and learning environments empower kids to be confident and successful lifelong learners. Visit our Preschool page to learn more about classroom structures and view a complete list of services provided.
Please call 859.236.6634 ext. 3220 to schedule a tour or request additional information.
- Preschool programs are available to 4-year-old children who are "at risk" with a household income at or below 160% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- For the 2023-2024 school year, children part of a household of four with an annual income of $48,000 or less are eligible for free half-day preschool. There is a form to be filled out to determine eligibility.
- Preschool also is available for 3- and 4-year-old children with disabilities.
- Every child shall be screened prior to enrolling in Boyle County Preschool.
- Enrollment of a child in the preschool program is at the discretion of the parent or legal guardian.
- Preschool programs are available at Junction City Elementary School, Perryville Elementary School, and Woodlawn Elementary School.
- Full-day Preschool tuition for the 2023 - 2024 school year is $125 per week (Monday through Friday). A healthy breakfast, snack and lunch is provided daily.
- Half-day Preschool tuition for the 2023 - 2024 school year is $50 per week (Monday through Thursday). Half-day classes are held Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. Morning classes receive breakfast and a snack. Afternoon classes receive lunch and a snack daily.
- Tuition may be waived for students who meet income eligibility criteria, or qualify for special needs or language services.
- Bus transportation is offered on routes throughout the district and we try to meet as many requests as possible for these routes.
- All students applying to Preschool must complete a screening process prior to acceptance.
- Screenings are scheduled by appointment, March through August, for the following school year. To schedule an appointment, please or call 859.236.6634 ext. 3220.
- Applicants will be notified of program acceptance at the screening appointment. An enrollment form will be completed at that time.
- The following documents are required prior to entering Preschool:
- Valid Birth Certificate
- Kentucky Certificate of Immunization
- School Entry Physical Examination Form
- Kentucky Eye Examination
- Proof of Residence
- Income Verification
Ready to apply? Click this link to get started! If you have any questions, please call 859.236.6634 ext. 3220.