Enroll as a Non-Resident

Last Updated: 8/24/2020 2:57 PM


Thank you for your interest in Boyle County Schools. Students in grades K-12 living outside of the district may attend BCS through a district reciprocal agreement or by applying to our Non-Resident Tuition Program.

Students must meet the following criteria to be accepted into either program:

  • Satisfactory academic progress and academic effort as determined by the Principal
  • Regular school attendance and not exceeding six (6) absences
  • Behavior in accordance with the previous school’s Code of Conduct
  • Evidence that the parents/guardians were cooperative and supportive in their working with the school


Non-Resident Reciprocal Agreements

Boyle County Schools holds written reciprocal enrollment agreements with several surrounding districts. These agreements allow children living in a neighboring district to transfer to Boyle County Schools free of charge. Area reciprocal districts include Anderson, Barren, Burgin, Casey, Garrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Nelson, Washington and Woodford. Please call 859.236.6634 for additional information regarding non-resident reciprocal agreements.


Non-Resident Tuition Program

Children currently living in a non-reciprocal district may attend Boyle County Schools through our non-resident tuition program. Participants must complete a tuition application and pay an annual $2,400 tuition fee to attend BCS (to be paid quarterly). In addition, a $100 non-refundable application fee is required. This fee will be applied towards your tuition fee upon acceptance. Please call 859.236.6634 for additional information regarding our non-resident tuition program.


Enrollment Contacts 

Deanna Padgett
Student Services Specialist
o 859.236.6634 ext. 3211
f 859.236.8624

Chris Holderman
Assistant Superintendent – Chief Operations Officer
o 859.236.6634 ext. 3272
f 859.236.8624