10 Ways to Raise a Reader
- Read to your child everyday.
- Continue reading together even after your child learns to read.
- Make stories come alive when you read.
- Let your child read aloud at his or her own pace.
- Discuss what you read together.
- Make reading time special.
- Encourage your child to read at least 15 minutes a day.
- Take along your child’s favorite books wherever you go.
- Take your child to the library often.
- Be a role model! Read on your own.
image from www.mycutegraphics.com